The A4 International Artist in Residence International Exchange Program as an annual project of the A4 Art Museum launches officially today and recruit artists, curators, and researchers in residence for 1-3 months. A4 Art Museum will select 10-15 artists/ groups from all received applications and provide support such as round-trip air tickets, accommodation, studios, material fees, salons, sharing sessions, etc.; also, the artists will also receive professional support from project assistants and art museum team for knowledge production and cooperation.
1. Artists, curators and/or researchers who base in China (No limitation on nationality or region)
2. No limitation on working methods or fields
Required materials for application:
(1) Resume in both Chinese and English, of which the accuracy of the content should be guaranteed.
(2) Personal photo, about 1M.
(3) Portfolio of works, which contains the most representative works of the artist in the creation process that fully reflect his artistic characteristics and thinking, of which all texts should be in both Chinese and English.
(4) Project plan for the residence, basically as a primary draft of the artistic creation of the artist, which may include the idea, the general plan and the potential needs for material, space, personnel, etc. related to the implementation of the project to help us better understand the expectation and overall vision of the project of the artist.
(5) Application form for the residency, which could be downloaded here: http://www.a4am.cn/data/ARIEApplicationForm2021.doc, with all contents filled in English.
Way of submission:
Submissions are accepted from now until 6 PM (GMT+8) on March 15, 2022
All required materials should be sent to the official email address of LUXELAKES A4 Art Museum: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line"2022A4 International Artist Residency Program + Applicant's name".
The museum was designed by American architect Antoine Predock and interior design firm DesignARC. In order to provide a diverse range of services to visitors, the museum includes a children’s education center, a public library, a lecture hall, a multimedia presentation center, artist residency studios, a museum store, and a cafe. About accommodation, now we can accept 3 artists work in A4 at the same time, they can share a living room to communicate in the apartment and also have an independent room to live.
Residence Program Introduction:
1. Place: Chengdu
2. Organizer：LUXELAKES•A4 Art Museum
3. Duration: from 1 to 3 months, the newest plan: from May to December, 2021
4. Number of artists in residence: 10-25 artists/groups
5. Qualification of Applicants: Artists, curators, researchers from China and abroad
6. Application procedure: Applicants should provide all information and send to us
7. Selection mechanism: by the review group
(1) Flight(Return tickets): Exact amount is subject to the annual budget of that year
(2) Workshop and relevant facilities (not including laptop and electronic devices): LUXELAKES•A4 Art Museum
(3) Accommodation (Rent of the accommodation): LUXELAKES•A4 Art Museum
9. Artist self-payment:
Living expenses, visa fees, personal expenses, and successful eligible artist need provide the invoicing of travel insurance in the residency period.
10. Artist contribution scheme and other activities:
Participators will have the opportunities of open workshop, academic discussion, Salon talk, other educational exchange activities, and the final exhibition.
11. Environment: urban
12. Languages: English/Chinese
The A4 residency program is an important project under the umbrella of the academic/curatorial department of A4. The A4 art museum is a non-profit, private museum registered under Chinese law. The residency is funded by the sponsors of the museum.
At the moment, we provide a round-trip plane ticket, accommodations, studio, material fees, different kinds of salons and sharing sessions and other opportunities; the specifics are determined by the project of the artist and the yearly schedule of projects and events of the museum. In terms of the expenses which are covered by the artist, these change from year to year.
During the residence, participating artists should regularly provide materials to A4 Art Museum for media release. The artist will have meetings and discuss the process and implementation of project with museum's staffs at the regular intervals. Participators will have the opportunities of open workshop, academic discussion, Salon talk, other educational exchange activities, and the final exhibition.
For any questions about the Artist in Residence International Exchange Program, please contact:
A4 Art Museum Tel: +86 28 85761265
Address: A4 Art Museum, Luxelakes Art Exhibition Centre, Luxelakes, Tianfu New District, Chengdu, China.